Are you tired of spending a fortune on household cleaners that are loaded with chemicals and may not even work that well? Look no further than your own pantry and cabinets for some simple, effective DIY cleaning solutions. Here are seven surprising household items that can double as powerful cleaners.
1. Vinegar: This versatile liquid is an all-purpose cleaner that can tackle everything from grease to soap scum. Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use it on countertops, floors, and even windows for a streak-free shine.
2. Baking soda: This natural scrubber can be used to clean everything from sinks to stovetops. Simply sprinkle baking soda on the surface, add a little water, and scrub away. For extra tough stains, mix baking soda with vinegar to create a powerful cleaning paste.
3. Lemon juice: The acidic properties of lemon juice make it a great natural cleaner for cutting through grime and grease. Use it to clean cutting boards, faucets, and even the inside of your microwave.
4. Olive oil: Believe it or not, olive oil can be used as a furniture polish. Mix it with a little lemon juice and apply to your wood furniture for a natural, shiny finish.
5. Hydrogen peroxide: This powerful disinfectant can be used to kill germs on surfaces such as countertops and cutting boards. Simply spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping away.
6. Salt: The abrasive texture of salt makes it a great natural scrubber for tough stains. Mix it with a little lemon juice to create a paste and use it to clean the inside of your oven or your bathtub.
7. Cornstarch: This pantry staple can be used to clean carpets and upholstery. Sprinkle it on the surface, let it sit for a few minutes, and vacuum away for a fresh, clean scent.
Not only are these DIY household cleaners effective, they are also budget-friendly and better for the environment. Give them a try and see how easy it is to keep your home clean without the use of harsh chemicals.